Trying to make a big dent in the progress on this manuscript before the tempting new idea gets a hold of my muse and this one’s relegated to the back of the hard drive for awhile. Spent a few hours doing some writing sprints yesterday and revised a surprising 9K words. I was aiming for at least 5K. πŸ™‚ If I can keep that up for the next few days, I should have this one completed, and aside from trying to rename a couple pesky characters, it should be ready for sending out for editing (of which I am so looking forward to!) and myRead More →

Working on editing/revising one of my manuscripts right now. Taking a break from working on the cover because I can’t get the font right. All the fonts I like don’t look good or readable as a thumbnail, and the ones that do look okay, I don’t like. Hoping I find one somewhere that’s readable and I really like. Taking a workshop on editing this month. We’re going through the manuscript looking for words we can cut. I started with 423 ‘look’. I’m down to 264 at the moment and would like to nudge that number down some more. The only bad thing is some ofRead More →

Finally making some good progress this week. Well, month actually. I’ve added about 30,000 words to the revision of one manuscript (the old original version was pretty short) and if I can get through the really emotional scenes this weekend, I can print it out and spend next week revising on a hard copy. Always fun to see your mistakes glaring up at you in print. πŸ™‚ I bought the cover image for the story as well tonight. I’ve spent about a month trying to find an image that fit. I thought I found a few in the last couple weeks, but the hair onRead More →